Let’s say, you have a local business that is temporarily closing due to COVID-19 or changing the hours of operation or maybe there are some extra services you are providing for the community. How can you quickly inform about it to Google users and show such updates on your Business Profile on Google Search and Maps?
All you need to do is create a COVID-19 update post using Google My Business account. You can include the following information in the post:
- Hours of operation and temporary closures.
- Changes to how the business operates, such as takeout or delivery only, call for details, or others.
- Updates to how the location is being managed as it relates to safety and hygiene.
- Requests for support.
How to do it? It’s actually very simple. Here are the steps:
- On your computer, sign in to Google My Business. If you have multiple locations, open the location you’d like to manage.
- From the menu, click Posts.
- At the top of the page, choose the “COVID-19 update” tab.
- To get a preview of your post, click Preview.
- If you’re happy with your preview, in the top right, click Publish.
- If you’d like to change your post, in the top left, click Back . Edit your draft until it’s ready to publish.
- Please Note:
- All uploaded media must meet the following size requirements:
- Minimum: 400×300 pixels and 10 KB size limit.
- Maximum: 10000×10000 pixels and 25 MB size limit.
- Google may review your changes for quality before they publish them, so the changes may delay the updates on Google Search and Maps.
Examples of the kind of information you should provide using Google My Business’s COVID-19 update post?
If you are a business owner you can provide following types of updates about your business to customers such as:
- Your updated hours of operation, for instance if you close early.
- If your business services are experiencing delays.
- Extra services you are providing for the community.
- Mark your business “Temporarily closed” on Google.
If you own a Retail businesses that is affected by COVID-19 detailed and timely updates about your business such as:
- Information about temporary closures or reduced hours
- Precautions you’re taking and what products are available
- If you provide extra services for the community
- Whether customers can expect delays
If you have a Food businesses affected by COVID-19 you can update your profile to:
- Change your hours of operation
- Add takeout, delivery, or curbside pickup attributes
- Information about temporary closures or reduced hours.
- Menu items or deals you offer.
- Safety precautions your business has implemented such as tamper-proof packaging or sanitation procedures.
The above list is by no means comprehensive and is just here to provide you a brief idea about what kind of information you should provide using this advance Google My Business feature.